Child, woman killed in multivehicle accident on Phoenix freeway
PHOENIX – A 5-year-old boy and a woman were killed Monday in a chain-reaction car accident on a Phoenix freeway, authorities said.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said a pickup truck rear-ended a sedan carrying 31-year-old Jennifer Vegtel of Phoenix and her son around 6 p.m. on southbound State Route 51 near Highland Avenue.
Their car smashed into another sedan, a blue Volkswagen, which slammed into another truck.
The driver of the first truck, Edgar Ramos-Esteban, 34, remained at the scene and was cited, ABC15 reported.
The driver of the Volkswagen was taken to a hospital. There was no word on his condition.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona DPS trooper arrested for allegedly defrauding agency
- Arizona DPS director receives letter from his late dad from time capsule
- Arizona DPS to give 7,500 flyers about new law to distracted drivers
- Report gives new details about crash that killed Valley police officer
- Interstate 10 reopens at Seventh Street after police situation