West Valley elementary school on lockdown due to suspicious person
PHOENIX — An elementary school in the West Valley was on lockdown on Tuesday due to a suspicious person.
The Buckeye Police Department said there was a suspicious person call made at Bales Elementary School, which is located near Miller and Maricopa roads.
The lockdown was lifted shortly before 10 a.m., but police continued to check the surrounding area. No suspicious person was found.
All students were safe.
No other details were immediately provided.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Tesla restarts solar-panel business in Arizona, offers rental plans
- Arizona ranked among bottom half of states to have a baby
- ‘Deaths of despair’ continue to plague Arizonans, Americans
- Government delays border barrier construction in Arizona
- Arizona’s early education system gets low marks from website