West Valley elementary school on lockdown due to suspicious person
PHOENIX — An elementary school in the West Valley was on lockdown on Tuesday due to a suspicious person.
The Buckeye Police Department said there was a suspicious person call made at Bales Elementary School, which is located near Miller and Maricopa roads.
The lockdown was lifted shortly before 10 a.m., but police continued to check the surrounding area. No suspicious person was found.
All students were safe.
No other details were immediately provided.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- St. Vincent de Paul assists asylum seekers through summer initiative
- Valley addiction therapist gets twofold look into opioid crisis
- Arizona awarded federal grant to assist reformed prisoners
- ‘Bruce & Pamela’ to cover Arizona’s opioid epidemic this week
- Report: Citizenship question on census would cost Arizona a seat in House