Deputy struck by suspected drunk driver near Casa Grande Airport
PHOENIX — The Pinal County Sheriff’s Office said a suspected drunk driver hit a deputy’s vehicle early Saturday morning, knocking the deputy, who was standing on the vehicle’s passenger side, back toward a fence near the City of Casa Grande Airport.
PCSO said 32-year-old Bryan Whittemore hit the deputy’s vehicle at around 1 a.m. when he was waiting along the southbound lane of Pinal Avenue for a tow truck to tow an impounded Chevy Blazer.
The deputy was airlifted to a Phoenix hospital as a precaution and is expected to be OK, PCSO said.
Whittemore is facing several charges, including DUI, aggravated assault, endangerment, aggravated criminal damage, and reckless driving.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Proposed Interstate 11 corridor Arizona impact study is ready for public eyes
- Pinal County sheriffs seize 46 pounds of meth during traffic stop
- Arizona mother accused of starving, abusing 7 adopted children
- Arizona lawmaker arrested on extreme DUI charge in Mesa
- $6.5M safety project completed on Arizona highway after year of work