Gunman opens fire in Arizona bar, kills 2, critically injures 2
PHOENIX – Authorities in an Arizona city east of the Phoenix area said a man opened fire in a bar late Sunday, killing two people and critically injuring two others.
A suspect in the shooting at Jammerz in Globe, about 90 miles east of Phoenix, was in custody.
Globe Police Chief Dale Walters said 22-year-old Sterling R. Hunt allegedly shot the victims not long after all of them had been playing pool together.
“This is a very sad day for the city of Globe,” Walters said at a news conference.
Officials said the shooter walked into the bar around 11:30 p.m.
Law enforcement from multiple agencies conducted a manhunt for the suspect and found him on the San Carlos Indian Reservation. He is currently in custody there on unrelated charges.
Authorities said the shooting appeared to be random.
A 22-year-old man and a 44-year-old woman were killed.
The survivors, two 20-year-old women, suffered life-threatening injuries. They were airlifted to Phoenix-area trauma centers, ABC15 reported.
Three of them knew each other. Police said it’s not clear if the suspect was previously known to any of them.
None of the victims have been identified.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix police looking for suspect in shooting that injured 4 people
- Girl, 16, dies after gun handled by teen boy fires, according to police
- Police seeking suspect in social club shooting that left 1 woman dead
- Rep. Ruben Gallego challenges Gov. Ducey’s handling of COVID-19 outbreak
- Car crashes into Scottsdale bar, seriously injuring 2