No Phoenix-area freeway closures planned for Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX – Valley motorists won’t have to worry about freeway closures over Veterans Day weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announce Thursday that it wasn’t planning any projects that would require shutting down Phoenix-area highways through Monday.
With NASCAR races taking place Friday through Sunday at the remodeled ISM Raceway, traffic could be heavy in the vicinity of the Avondale track.
ADOT offers several ways to keep tabs on traffic in the Valley.
ADOT also has a free app available that provides alerts about major traffic events.
In addition, motorists can sign up for email and text message updates at the ADOT website.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Eastbound I-10 will close between 67th and 51st avenues this weekend
- Car rolls over on highway south of Phoenix, driver injured
- Scottsdale, Gilbert rated among best places in US for veterans to live
- Thousands line Phoenix streets for Veterans Day Parade
- ADOT’s ‘Know Snow’ series offers winter driving tips