No Phoenix-area freeway closures planned for Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX – Valley motorists won’t have to worry about freeway closures over Veterans Day weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announce Thursday that it wasn’t planning any projects that would require shutting down Phoenix-area highways through Monday.
With NASCAR races taking place Friday through Sunday at the remodeled ISM Raceway, traffic could be heavy in the vicinity of the Avondale track.
ADOT offers several ways to keep tabs on traffic in the Valley.
ADOT also has a free app available that provides alerts about major traffic events.
In addition, motorists can sign up for email and text message updates at the ADOT website.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Online permit testing program saves time for all at Arizona MVD offices
- Expect heavy delays for I-10 closure in west Phoenix this weekend
- Speeding driver ignores DPS, crashes near Phoenix freeway
- Another portion of future South Mountain Freeway open to drivers
- While inconveniencing Valley drivers, film crews benefit Arizona’s economy