Slurp up those noodle dishes, it’s National Pasta Day
PHOENIX – Pasta has been around for longer than 800 years.
According to the BBC, the first known reference to the Italian cuisine was made in 1154.
Whoever first thought of turning durum wheat flour into shapable noodles certainly deserves to be feted with a holiday.
While the identity of that culinary genius is lost to history, Wednesday is the day we salute him or her.
That’s right, it’s National Pasta Day.
So tear off some crusty bread and raise your forks to spaghetti, lasagna, macaroni, ravioli, linguine, penne, fettuccine and all the other glorious shapes, sizes and styles of everybody’s favorite carbs.
In honor of this important holiday, we turned to Yelp for a list of the best pasta restaurants in Phoenix.
Enjoy the photo gallery, and try not the drool:
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix restaurant lands in Yelp’s top 5 places to eat in 2020
- Phoenix Sky Harbor tops ranking of country’s best large airports
- Here are the best spots in the Valley to celebrate National Pasta Day
- Are business reviews on Yelp really more negative than on other sites?
- Phoenix, Tucson make Yelp’s list of most LGBTQ-inclusive cities