Disney drops first live-action ‘Aladdin’ trailer starring Will Smith
SALT LAKE CITY — We have our first teaser trailer for the upcoming live-action “Aladdin.”
Disney released the first teaser trailer to the movie during the Philadelphia Eagles-New York Giants football game on Oct. 11.
What’s next: “Aladdin” will arrive May 24, 2019.
What it shows: Nothing much. Anyone who has seen the animated version of “Aladdin” won’t be surprised by any of the footage. We get a wide shot of the desert, a glimpse of the Cave of Wonders, and one final look at Aladdin (Mena Massoud), who is grabbing the genie-inhabited lamp.
Why it matters: “Aladdin” is the latest Disney animated flick to receive a live-action remake. “Lion King” will debut in July 2019. Last year, “Beauty and the Beast” was one of those films. A “Little Mermaid” remake is in development, too. Lady Gaga is rumored to be involved.
What else?: Disney also shared the poster for the upcoming film, which showed the famous lamp sitting on top of a stone.
“Aladdin” stars Will Smith as the Genie, Naomi Scott as Princess Jasmine and Massoud as Aladdin. Marwan Kenzari will play the villainous Jafar.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Dog adopted from Arizona shelter to star in Disney movie
- Witty Phoenix street signs hope to take sting out of pavement projects
- ‘The Lion King’ rules and ‘Endgame’ scores all-time record
- Here are 5 ways to save money while traveling this summer
- Burnin’ Up: Jonas Brothers comeback tour to make 2 stops in Phoenix