Fatal accident closes stretch of Interstate 10 in Goodyear
PHOENIX — Authorities shut down part of Interstate 10 East early Friday and part of another West Valley highway to investigate a deadly accident.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the two-car accident was near Estrella Parkway in Goodyear and happened just after midnight. Loop 303 South at Thomas Road was also closed.
ABC15 reported one of the cars had run into a car that had stopped on the freeway. One person in the stopped car died and the other was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The other driver also suffered critical injuries.
The road reopened shortly before 6 a.m.
I-10 eastbound remains closed at Estrella because of a crash. Also, L-303 southbound is closed at Thomas because of the I-10 closure. Plan on using alternate routes for the next couple hours. #PhxTraffic pic.twitter.com/PoUM8SUPFl
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) October 12, 2018
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Goodyear officer on leave after video surfaces of her driving erratically
- Phoenix-area man indicted for running a telemarketing scheme
- Part of I-10 closed over weekend for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Closures on Loop 101, Interstate 10 planned over the weekend
- Rollover crash closes 48th Street near freeways in Tempe