Fatal accident closes stretch of Interstate 10 in Goodyear
PHOENIX — Authorities shut down part of Interstate 10 East early Friday and part of another West Valley highway to investigate a deadly accident.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the two-car accident was near Estrella Parkway in Goodyear and happened just after midnight. Loop 303 South at Thomas Road was also closed.
ABC15 reported one of the cars had run into a car that had stopped on the freeway. One person in the stopped car died and the other was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The other driver also suffered critical injuries.
The road reopened shortly before 6 a.m.
I-10 eastbound remains closed at Estrella because of a crash. Also, L-303 southbound is closed at Thomas because of the I-10 closure. Plan on using alternate routes for the next couple hours. #PhxTraffic pic.twitter.com/PoUM8SUPFl
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) October 12, 2018
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Goodyear mother arrested after allegedly leaving 5-month-old in car
- Goodyear police dog retires after 7 years of service
- Truck fire forces drivers off westbound Interstate 10 in Tempe
- Former West Valley teacher pleads guilty to sexual misconduct charges
- South Mountain Freeway construction advances along 59th Avenue