Interstate 17 reopens at Camelback Road following police situation
PHOENIX — Interstate 17 was reopened at Camelback Road in Phoenix following a police situation on Thursday, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The I-17 was originally closed in both directions at Camelback Road due to police activity on the freeway.
The southbound lanes were the first to reopen, while the northbound lanes opened shortly after.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- If you must drive in Arizona’s winter storm, be prepared for the worst
- Snow buries northern Arizona, wreaking havoc on roadways
- Arizona officials postpone Loop 101 closure in north Phoenix due to rain
- Parts of Loop 101, Interstate 10 closed this weekend
- ADOT officers, human and K-9, seize over 1,000 pounds of marijuana