Improvement projects to restrict Interstate 10 over weekend
PHOENIX — Before you get in the car for your weekend drive, make sure you stay up to date on the weekend freeway restrictions.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced Interstate 10 will be hit with two restrictions over weekend on Thursday.
In order for crews to install new signage, westbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane between 27th and 43rd avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 p.m. Sunday. Motorists should consider alternate routes, such as westbound Loop 101 west of Interstate 17 or be prepared to slow down when entering the work zone.
Eastbound I-10 will be narrowed to three lanes between 51st and 43rd avenues from 3 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday to allow crews reopen the eastbound off-ramp at 43rd Avenue, which has been closed for reconstruction. Drivers should prepare for possible delays.
All restrictions on Arizona highways are posted on ADOT’s website.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona traffic fatalities dropped to 3-year low in 2019
- ADOT using portable message signs to help drivers avoid I-17 work zone
- Northbound I-17 closes near Sunset Point due to disabled semi-truck
- Injury accident shuts down Interstate 10 south of Phoenix
- Both directions of Interstate 10 reopen at 67th Avenue in Phoenix