Scottsdale theater debuts costume display from ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
PHOENIX — “Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?”
Lucky for you, you are not dreaming: The Arizona-based movie theater chain Harkins Theatres has rolled out a unique costume display to celebrate the launch of the new Queen biopic, “Bohemian Rhapsody.”
Harkins Camelview at the Scottsdale Fashion Square mall unveiled a display that featured a costume that was worn by actor Rami Malek as he portrayed Queen frontman Freddie Mercury.
The costume was based off Mercury’s 1974 performance at the Rainbow Theatre in London.
It was designed by Zandra Rhodes, who also designed many costumes for the real Mercury while he was touring with Queen.
The costume will be on display at the Scottsdale location, located near Scottsdale and Camelback roads, until Nov. 7.
“Bohemian Rhapsody” will be in theaters nationwide on Nov. 2.
The biographical film about the British rock band will focus on Mercury’s life. It was directed by Bryan Singer (“The Usual Suspects, “X-Men”) and written by Anthony McCarten.
Lucy Boynton, Gwilym Lee, Ben Hardy, Joseph Mazzello and Aidan Gillen also star alongside Malek.
Tickets are on sale at box offices and online at Harkins.com.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Loop 101 ramps in Scottsdale to close for two months
- Hash Kitchen to open location in Phoenix neighborhood on Wednesday
- Scottsdale man arrested after allegedly sexually exploiting 3-year-old girl
- Harkins hosting movie premiere about Phoenix-based Make-A-Wish founder
- 44th Mighty Mud Mania set to return to Scottsdale park