Phoenix officer seriously injured in car accident early Wednesday
PHOENIX — A Phoenix officer was seriously injured after being involved in a car accident in southwest Phoenix early Wednesday morning.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson with the Phoenix Police Department said the officer was driving westbound on Durango Street in the area of 31st Avenue when a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction turned in front of the motorcycle.
The officer suffered serious injuries, but they “do not appear to be life threatening at this time,” Thompson said.
The officer was not identified.
Durango Street has been reopened in both directions.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix Fire, mayor making dementia training a priority
- Mayor says she supports Phoenix police chief amid controversy
- Crash closes southbound State Route 51 at Indian School Road
- Mayor Kate Gallego boosts light rail during state of Phoenix address
- Julian Castro visits Phoenix, touts plan for police reform