Statue of ‘Friday the 13th’ killer removed from Lake Pleasant
PHOENIX — Imagine you dive into the depths of Lake Pleasant. You see something in the distance and swim up to see what it is.
Suddenly it comes into view — a statue of serial killer Jason Voorhees from the “Friday the 13th” movies, standing alone on the bottom of the lake.
Luckily you’ll no longer have to worry, as the statue placed there by diver Zachary Nagy seems to be gone.
A YouTube video showing divers posing with the statue brought in over 35,000 views and became popular in a Reddit thread.
The video’s caption from Sept. 23 says the statue is “currently being considered for removal by the Parks Department after being deemed litter.”
Fans of the statue started an online petition to ask the Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department to keep the statue underwater.
A spokesman for the department said last week that the statue has been removed, but they are not sure by whom.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- YouTube suspends Trump’s channel for at least a week
- Scottsdale police drop charges against Jake Paul, let feds handle case
- Simple tech tips to keep your Amazon account information private
- Scottsdale police charge YouTuber Jake Paul over Fashion Square unrest
- Here’s the most popular YouTube music video of the decade