Snickers rated most popular Halloween candy in Arizona
PHOENIX — With Halloween just around the corner, the National Retail Federation estimates about $9 billion will be spent on candy for the holiday.
Arizona’s most popular Halloween candy is Snickers, according to a state-by state study from CandyStore.com.
The blog gathered data from 2007-2017, looking at months prior to Halloween and determined the best sellers of candy in all states.
The data is determined by pounds eaten of each state, showing Snickers at 956,333 pounds in the Grand Canyon state. Hot Tamales (766,617 pounds) and Hershey Kisses (502,310 pounds) came in at second and third place.
Snickers is the fifth most popular candy overall, according to the website. Skittles came in as the top candy, most popular in California at 1,620,736 pounds.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Airbnb warns against house parties in Arizona during Halloween weekend
- Phoenix Fire Department provides Halloween safety advice
- No trick, all treat: Get set for rare full blue moon on Halloween
- City of Phoenix to host trick-or-treat drive-thru this week
- Arizona’s top health official worried about Thanksgiving COVID-19 spike