5-year-old boy dies in drowning at Mesa community pool
PHOENIX — A 5-year-old boy has died after being pulled from a Mesa community pool on Sunday afternoon.
According to Rural Metro Fire, the drowning occurred near Broadway and Hawes roads.
The boy was pulled from the pool and transported to a hospital with life-threatening injuries after family members performed CPR, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
The incident is under investigation.
Rural Metro Fire was responding to the drowning call when its fire truck was involved in a crash that sent a firefighter and three others to a hospital.
The crash happened on University Drive near Loop 202.
Everyone in the crash was reportedly in stable condition.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Mesa, Glendale fire departments going social for water safety
- South Mountain Freeway construction advances along 59th Avenue
- Woodbury Fire near Superior grows to 1,400 acres, 0% contained
- 25-year-old woman drowns after tube flips over in Verde River
- 83-year-old Phoenix woman found unresponsive in backyard pool