Woman and child dead after hit-and-run in Phoenix
PHOENIX — An adult female and a three-year-old boy have died after being struck by a vehicle Friday night.
The two were taken to a hospital in critical condition after getting hit by a car near 16th Street and Broadway Road, officials said. They did not make it.
An dark-colored, older model SUV was traveling north bound on 16th Street around 8 p.m. when it hit the two people, who were not in the crosswalk, the Phoenix Police Department said. The driver did not stop.
Police said the front of the SUV might be damaged.
The intersection is expected to be closed for several hours.
Phoenix Police has asked anyone with information to contact their office or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix police end silence over controversial doll shoplifting case
- Authorities investigate white powder at Chase Field
- Family seeks $10M from Phoenix over police response to stolen doll
- Man accused of stealing car with 5-year-old boy inside at Phoenix airport
- Man shot in the groin with pepper ball at Trump protest suing Phoenix