I-10 near downtown Phoenix to undergo restrictions this weekend
PHOENIX — There will be several Interstate 10 closures near downtown Phoenix for quarterly maintenance work on the Deck Park Tunnel, the Arizona Department of Transportation announced.
The Phoenix I-10 work is part of several freeway restrictions that will take place this weekend.
The eastbound I-10 will be closed between the Interstate 17 “stack” interchange and State Route 51 from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday. Both I-17 ramps to the eastbound I-10 will be shut down.
ADOT recommends taking a detour to the southbound I-17 and reconnecting at the “split” interchange near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
There will be construction on other sides of the airport as well.
The westbound I-10 between 48th and 32nd streets will be narrowed to three lanes near Sky Harbor between 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday for barrier wall repairs. The Eastbound I-10 HOV lane will also be closed.
ADOT advised to slow down and merge safely.
From 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday, there will be several closures.
- The westbound I-10 between the I-17 “split” interchange near Sky Harbor and Seventh Avenue will be shut down for tunnel cleaning and maintenance.
- The southbound SR 51 ramp to the westbound I-10 will be closed.
- The westbound Loop 202 ramp to the westbound I-10 will remain open, but ADOT said traffic must exit the I-10 at Seventh Street.
- Additionally, the Westbound 1-10 on-ramp via Sky Harbor Circle and Washington/Jefferson streets will be closed, but drivers can use the ramp to access the northbound SR 51 and eastbound Loop 202, ADOT said.
From 9 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday, the eastbound I-10 access road will be closed between 67th and 51st avenues as construction continues on the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange.
ADOT said 59th Avenue will also be closed between the I-10 and Roosevelt Street.
From 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Sunday through Thursday, the westbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane between 43rd and 59th avenues.
State Route 143 will be narrowed to one lane in both directions between Washington Street and McDowell Road in Phoenix from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Sunday through Thursday.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- NakedQ to open 3rd Valley location in Chandler next month
- Crews battle to keep brush fire under control off I-17 north of Phoenix
- Badger Springs Fire near Sunset Point burns over 2,500 acres, 80% contained
- I-10 closed to drivers from south heading into Valley this weekend
- Interstate 10 reopens at Seventh Street after police situation