Dave Ramsey says: Keep identity-theft protection separate from Baby Steps
Where in the Baby Steps does identity-theft protection fall? Should we cover the kids, too, or only the adults in our household?
Everyone needs identity-theft protection. Unless you’re one of these folks who have gone completely off the grid, someone out there probably has a few of your numbers.
Between sloppiness on the part of consumers, and the massive data breaches that have occurred in the last few years, almost everyone has experienced, or will experience, some sort of identity theft. Unfortunately, this is today’s world.
I don’t really consider identity-theft protection part of the Baby Steps.
It’s like life insurance or car insurance, in that it’s something almost everyone needs.
Things like that should just be part of your budget every month.
- Dave Ramsey says: A 15-year mortgage is the smartest way to go
- Preparation is the key to making change in career
- Dave Ramsey says: Being a long-distance landlord is not for everyone
- Dave Ramsey says: Get certified as buyer before starting house search
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying extra on car loan principal is fast way out of debt