‘Dear Evan Hansen’ named fastest show to sell out in Gammage history
PHOENIX — Arizona State University’s Gammage Auditorium announced Tuesday that “Dear Evan Hansen” is the fastest show to sell out in the theater’s history.
The Tony Award-winning musical sold out of all available tickets during the presale in less than an hour, leaving no tickets left for the general public.
“This is the first for ASU Gammage as we’re sold out before going on sale,” Colleen Jennings-Roggensack, executive director of ASU Gammage, said.
“The demand for Broadway tickets is bigger than ever and after selling out season tickets two years in a row we knew ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ would be the hottest ticket in town.”
A hymn from the heart.
Posted by Dear Evan Hansen on Friday, August 24, 2018
The show will run at Gammage from Nov. 27 to Dec. 2. There are plans to hold a lottery for a number of tickets, with more details to come later this fall.
“Dear Evan Hansen” debuted at the Music Box Theatre in New York City on Dec. 4, 2016. The show broke all box office records while running there, and it won six Tony Awards in 2017.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Surgical masks are hot accessory at ASU after coronavirus diagnosis
- ASU not planning to cancel classes because of coronavirus case
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Jan. 24-26
- ASU Foundation receives $937K in scholarships for 35 DACA recipients
- Popular Tempe bar reopens on Mill Avenue month after forced closure