Suspect is in custody after triple homicide in Maricopa County
PHOENIX — A suspect was in custody after a triple homicide Thursday night in northwest Maricopa County, authorities said Friday.
Hermelindo Sanchez was booked into the Maricopa Sheriff’s Office 4th Avenue Jail on three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of endangerment.
According to a tweet from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, the shooting in Wittmann was reported around 9:30 p.m.
Three adult males were confirmed dead at a residence in the area of Poplar and Myers streets.
No other information was immediately available.
Wittman is located along U.S. 60, around 35 miles northwest of downtown Phoenix and 20 miles southeast of Wickenburg.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix police chief looks to internal fixes to address shootings
- Jamal Khashoggi, other ‘guardians’ named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Two people in critical condition after shooting in Phoenix
- Prosecutors won’t pursue 3rd trial against Border Patrol agent
- Arizona secretary of state-elect sees teamwork as key to smooth elections