No Tempe students injured after bus accident in Phoenix area
PHOENIX — No students were injured after a Tempe school district bus crashed on a highway in the Phoenix area on Thursday.
Jennifer Liewer with the Tempe Union High School District said in an email that a district bus was involved in a traffic accident near the Interstate 10/U.S. 60 interchange.
An Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesperson said in an email that the crash occurred between the bus and a commercial truck.
No injuries were reported among occupants of the truck.
The bus was carrying students on the way to a football scrimmage.
Liewer said the students were able to board another bus and continue to the event.
No further details were given.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Eco-friendly office space coming to Tempe in 2020
- Arizona rents mostly stay under the national average in April
- Tempe man among 5 former Michigan priests charged with sex crimes
- Deadly crash closes US 60 westbound at Loop 101 in Tempe during rush hour
- Hines to open 2 more self-storage facilities in the Valley