Arizona troopers pull over speeder, find marijuana, unbuckled baby in car
PHOENIX – A speeding driver was arrested after a Phoenix freeway chase that led to the discovery of marijuana and an unbuckled baby in his car.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials said Vidal Ruvalcaba, 32, wouldn’t pull over after he was spotted speeding by a trooper on Loop 202 near 32nd Street on Saturday.
Troopers began pursuit of Ruvalcaba and eventually spiked the vehicle’s tires near State Route 51 close to Glendale Avenue.
That forced Ruvalcaba to bring the car to a halt.
The baby was uninjured.
Ruvalcaba was arrested on suspicion of felony flight, endangerment, possession of marijuana and an outstanding warrant.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams plans talks with officers, residents
- Goodyear mother arrested after allegedly leaving 5-month-old in car
- DPS on alert in southern Arizona after reports of cartel violence in Mexico
- Phoenix Police launch probe of officer’s leg sweep of cuffed suspect
- Arizona man sentenced 25 years on marijuana trafficking, murder charges