11-year-old girl dies after near drowning in Tempe pool
PHOENIX — An 11-year-old girl who was found at the bottom of a pool in Tempe earlier this month has died.
Det. Lily Duran with the Tempe Police Department said in an email that the girl was “surrounded by her family and friends” when she died.
The girl, who was not identified, was found unresponsive at a residential pool in the area of McClintock Drive and Baseline Road on Aug. 1.
She was found by her family. The family, who was from California, had rented the house for the week.
No further information was released.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Mark Carlson and Ashley Flood contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- New bar opening on Mill Avenue next month, hosting music festival
- 9-month-old boy pulled from bathtub in extremely critical condition
- Tempe homeless support groups hosting event for dogs in need
- 2-year-old in critical condition after being pulled from Scottsdale pool
- 2-year-old in critical condition after being pulled from West Valley pool