Crash in Tolleson sends six people to hospital, four minors
PHOENIX — Six people, four minors have been transported to nearby trauma centers after a crash wrecked two cars late last night in Tolleson.
A 10-year-old male was taken to a level 1 trauma center and was listed in critical and unstable condition.
The others involved included an 8-year-old male, a 12-year-old male, a 15-year-old female, a 23-year-old female and a 28-year-old female and all were said to be in stable condition.
The accident occured near South 91st Avenue and West Superior Avenue. Phoenix, Tolleson and Avondale firefighters all reported to the scene to assist with the transport of the people involved.
According to police, A Black Mazda, driven by the 28-year-old, traveling southbound on 91st Ave. hopped the median and collided with a 2009 Hyundai, driven by the 23-year-old at around 12:12 a.m.
All of the passengers in each car were transported to local hospitals.
Police do not believe that impairment was a factor in the collision, but investigators are still on the scene.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Semitruck crash shuts down eastbound Interstate 10 at Loop 101
- Motorcyclist in extremely critical condition after crash
- Wrong-way crash closes northbound Interstate 17 in Phoenix for hours
- Crash in Glendale involving a dump truck leaves 1 dead
- Crash closes southbound State Route 51 at Indian School Road