Police: Man held in fatal tire-iron beating of woman
PHOENIX — Phoenix police say a 27-year-old man is in custody in the fatal beating of a woman with a tire iron behind a store in a shopping center.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson said the woman, identified as 26-year-old Minique Gemino, and Luis Madrigal were in a relationship at some point but that it wasn’t clear whether it was still ongoing.
Thompson said police responded to a 911 call from a witness who had found Gemino incapacitated near the area of North 35th Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix.
Firefighters and officers provided aide, but she succumbed to her injuries.
Officers used a shotgun to fire five stun-bag rounds to force the surrender of Madrigal, who was holding a tire iron and not complying with officer’s orders.
Madrigal was charged with murder and booked into the Maricopa County Jail.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix police looking for suspects in 2 armed robberies last month
- Phoenix teacher accused of having sex with 16-year-old girl in 2013
- Phoenix police looking for suspect who stole 2 vehicles while fleeing
- Phoenix police looking for suspects who stole money, credit card
- ‘Cold’ looks at unexplained stops Josh Powell made after wife disappeared