Meghan McCain opens up about her relationship with her father
PHOENIX — Before Father’s Day, Meghan McCain opened up to People about her relationship with her father, Ariz. Sen. John McCain.
“I have a beautiful feeling about our relationship,” she said to the outlet.
The two do “normal stuff together” including bird-watching, watching cowboy movies and eating a chili dish Meghan makes with her husband.
“I’ve been trying to figure out how he did it, because I don’t have any regrets or any sadness or anything, except a really wonderful, beautiful feeling about our relationship and his role as my father,” she said.
Last summer, the Arizona senator was diagnosed with glioblastoma, a rare and aggressive form of brain cancer. He also underwent an unrelated surgery in April to treat an intestinal infection related to diverticulitis.
Meghan said her dad isn’t worried, but she is.
“He is not scared, but I’m scared every day,” she said. “He is very courageous and incredibly physically resilient.”
Meghan honored her father on Father’s Day, posting a photo to her Twitter account while calling the senator the “greatest father in the world.”
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Tesla restarts solar-panel business in Arizona, offers rental plans
- Arizona ranked among bottom half of states to have a baby
- ‘Deaths of despair’ continue to plague Arizonans, Americans
- Government delays border barrier construction in Arizona
- Arizona’s early education system gets low marks from website