Arizona among states with highest employment growth, report finds
PHOENIX — If you are looking to score a job, Arizona might be the place for you.
Arizona was recently ranked among the states with the highest employment growth in the country, according to a report from WalletHub.
The state was ranked No. 5 in the nation in this category, falling behind Georgia, Oregon, Tennessee and Colorado.
This was Arizona’s best metric in the report, which was titled “2018’s Best and Worst States for Jobs.”
Overall, the state fell directly in the middle in terms of jobs, ranking No. 25 in the country.
It fared a little better in the “job market” category, coming in at No. 19. But the state did the worst in the “economic environment” ranking, at No. 28.
But the state that ranked the best in the nation for jobs was Washington, followed by Colorado, Minnesota, Utah and New Hampshire.
Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Kentucky, Mississippi and West Virginia fell on the opposite end of the spectrum, ranking among the worst states in the nation for jobs.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Giffords Law Center gives Arizona ‘F’ grade for gun laws
- Man convicted in 2007 killing of estranged wife in Arizona
- Ex-Arizona schools considered for temporary migrant lodging
- Arizona ranked among top 10 states with least student debt
- Removal of Calif. inmates to leave room for Arizona ICE detainees