PHOENIX — A Silver Alert issued early Thursday was canceled after a Gilbert woman with dementia was found safely the same day in California.
Margarita Sanchez, 75, who had last been seen the previous evening at her church, was located during a traffic stop in Beaumont, around 80 miles east of Los Angeles and more than 300 miles from Gilbert.
Sanchez may have left St. Anne’s Catholic Church near Elliot and Lindsay roads around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. A witness told police that Sanchez left for home but went in a direction than usual. When she didn’t come home, family members called authorities.
Sanchez, also known as Maria, is 5 feet, 2 inches tall, weighs 160 pounds, has brown eyes, silver hair and was driving a black 1998 Honda Civic.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Gilbert man with memory problems found safe after Silver Alert
- Silver Alert canceled for 74-year-old Ahwatukee woman found safe
- Silver Alert issued for 56-year-old woman last seen in Queen Creek
- Silver Alert issued for missing 76-year-old man last seen in Phoenix
- Silver Alert canceled after 87-year-old woman found safe