Arizona cities ranked among best for number of single homeowners
PHOENIX – If you are single and looking to take on the responsibility of becoming a home owner, Arizona is the right place for you.
According to a recent study by Smart Asset, the state was home to three of the top 10 cities in the nation where singles have the highest home ownership rate.
Ranked fourth on the list was Chandler, with the growing city boasting a 61 percent overall home ownership rate and 54 percent among singles.
And despite a vast majority of single homeowners being seniors, just 38 percent are in Chandler.
Scottsdale was next on the list at sixth, followed by Mesa ranked eighth.
Singles make up 52 percent of the homeowners in Scottsdale, while Mesa’s singles make up 50 percent.
Mesa, however, does rank first overall in the number of single seniors owning homes with 52 percent.
The three Arizona cities beat out Albuquerque, NM. and Bakersfield, Calif., who round out the top 10.
Smart Asset used data from the 100 of the largest cities to conduct the study. Identifying the total number of one-person households in each city, they divided by the number of those households that were occupied by its owner.
The data found that Chesapeake, Va. ranked first with the most single homeowners, followed by Virginia Beach, Va. and Aurora, Colo.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Ranking says Phoenix is a top 50 city in the world, top 20 large city in the US
- NTSB report says visibility a possible factor in Arizona plane crash
- Arizona public schools chief pleased with Ducey’s pledges for education
- Here are the highlights of Gov. Ducey’s 2020 State of the State address
- Arizona teacher shortage continues; about a quarter of positions unfilled