Phoenix Sky Harbor to receive its first urgent care clinic
PHOENIX – A new urgent care clinic could open this week at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
The U.S. CareWays clinic will be inside of Drugs & More, a store located on the third floor of Terminal 4 near the C gates.
“We plan to be open seven days a week, from 8 (a.m.) to 8 (p.m.),” said Dr. John Schufeldt, the CEO and medical director of U.S. CareWays. “We offer full-service urgent care, including medication dispensing, X-ray and lab (testing).”
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said he’s excited the company chose Sky Harbor for its test run on these clinics.
“We need innovators – entrepreneurs – willing to take a risk on us,” he said. “I bet you it’s an idea that’s going to catch fire, if you will, and go to airports all over the country.
“We’re glad that it was here first.”
The small clinic will offer treatment for many common ailments like asthma and ear infections. It will also offer pre-employment physicals and other services to Sky Harbor employees.
If U.S. CareWays passes its first state inspection Thursday, it will open for business Friday.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona ranked No. 2 in personal income growth to start 2019
- Discount carrier Frontier Airlines adding Phoenix-Las Vegas service
- Arizona Gov. Ducey: Phoenix police doesn’t have systemic problem
- High pollution advisory issued for Phoenix on Monday
- Arizona bipartisan group to study earned release program for prisoners