Phoenix family terrorized by burglar — not once, but twice
This Phoenix family was terrorized by a burglar — not once, but twice.
On March 8, the family returned to their home near 12th Avenue and Union Hills Drive to find the place burglarized and an expensive watch missing.
They also found their family pet dead in their swimming pool.
The next day, the family returned home after running errands and interrupted a burglary in progress.
It was not clear whether the suspects in both burglaries were the same.
“The suspect pointed a handgun at [the family],” Phoenix Police Property Crimes Sgt. Lisa Gilligan said.
“At that point, the father ran out to his car and retrieved his own gun. He fired one round which is not believed to have hit the suspect, who then fled [the scene].”
The suspect also left behind backpacks full of items that he was planning to steal.
Gilligan said police do not believe the family was targeted and have not been able to link the second incident or the suspect to other crimes in the area.
The suspect in the second burglary was described as having an unusual tattoo in the middle of his forehead: A double ring, with one circle inside the other.
- Elderly wrong-way driver stopped on Valley freeway during rush hour
- Phoenix police join law enforcement agencies in lip sync battle
- Phoenix police are searching for two McDonald’s robbers
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say