Homeowner shoots armed man who refused to leave Phoenix home
PHOENIX — A homeowner in west Phoenix allegedly shot and injured a suspect who was reportedly armed and refused to leave his home on Monday.
Det. Marianne Ramirez, a spokeswoman with the Phoenix Police Department, said the homeowner was confronted by the suspect at his front door in the area of 56th and Vernon avenues.
The suspect, only described as an adult male, was reportedly armed and refused to leave the premises.
Ramirez said a confrontation occurred between the two, leading the homeowner to shoot the suspect.
The suspect was located outside of the house with a non-life threatening injury and was transported to a local hospital.
Ramirez said there were no other outstanding suspects.
Phoenix police are investigating the situation.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Tanker rollover causes natural gas leak in Phoenix
- Heat wave to send temperatures soaring across Phoenix area this week
- Near drowning sends 80-year-old Phoenix woman to hospital
- Westbound I-10 lanes at Interstate 17 split reopened after crash in Phoenix
- Phoenix leads nation in population growth for 4th consecutive year