Arizona police arrest bride suspected of driving drunk to her own wedding
PHOENIX — Arizona police arrested a bride who was allegedly driving drunk to her own wedding on Monday.
In a photo, Marana Police Department spokesman Sgt. Chriswell Scott showed the bride — who was wearing what appeared to be a wedding dress — being placed in the back of a squad car.
“Don’t drive impaired, till death do we part doesn’t need any help,” a tweet sent with the photo read.
The woman, who was later identified as 32-year-old Amber Young, was arrested following a 10:30 a.m. crash near Thornydale and Orange Grove roads, which is on the outskirts of Tucson.
Three cars were involved in the collision. One person suffered minor injuries.
It’s not known whether Young has gotten an attorney who can comment on her behalf.
Young was taken to a police substation to have her blood drawn and released without going to jail.
It was unknown whether Young made it to her wedding.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Woman in critical condition after motorcycle crash, possible hit and run
- Arizona gets $195K judgment against fraudulent landscaper
- Attorneys for wrong-way driver blame Arizona sergeant for crash, injuries
- Former Rep. Ed Pastor of Arizona to be buried after week of memorials
- Arizona ranked 5th-best state for elder abuse protections