Phoenix police looking for skimmer scammers, thief
PHOENIX — Our first case involves skimmer scammers caught in the act on Wednesday evening, Nov. 8, 2017 at 7th Street and Buckeye Road.
Phoenix Police Sergeant Jamie Rothschild said a man and woman walked into the Circle K and went directly to the ATM.
“To most people it probably looks like they were just using the ATM. But Detectives say the woman took a skimmer out of her purse and attached it to the ATM while the other suspect was just watching and kind of blocking her from most people’s view.”
These skimmers can be attached very quickly if they’re on the exterior of the ATM like this one was, Sgt. Rothschild said. It was found pretty quickly and surveillance cameras got some good, up close pictures of this pair.
Our next case takes us to Arizona Diamond Center at 75th Avenue and Thomas.
“This suspect hit a couple of times,” Sgt. Rothschild said. “We think he hit in both October and December of 2017. In October, he asked to see some gold chains and when he had them in his hands he ran out of the store. In December, he actually reached into the case, grabbed four chains and ran from the store.”
The suspect tried to disguise himself in one of the heists by wearing a baseball cap over a wig. He may have been driving a faded green Dodge Neon.
- Phoenix police looking for pair who put skimmer on gas station ATM
- Phoenix police searching for robbery suspect who threatened guard
- Phoenix police search for possible kidnapping suspect [RE-AIRING FROM 4/8/13]
- Silent Witness program will offer faster cash for arrest tips in Arizona
- Tempe police searching for suspect in 38-year-old man’s shooting death