Phoenix police looking for skimmer scammers, thief
PHOENIX — Our first case involves skimmer scammers caught in the act on Wednesday evening, Nov. 8, 2017 at 7th Street and Buckeye Road.
Phoenix Police Sergeant Jamie Rothschild said a man and woman walked into the Circle K and went directly to the ATM.
“To most people it probably looks like they were just using the ATM. But Detectives say the woman took a skimmer out of her purse and attached it to the ATM while the other suspect was just watching and kind of blocking her from most people’s view.”
These skimmers can be attached very quickly if they’re on the exterior of the ATM like this one was, Sgt. Rothschild said. It was found pretty quickly and surveillance cameras got some good, up close pictures of this pair.
Our next case takes us to Arizona Diamond Center at 75th Avenue and Thomas.
“This suspect hit a couple of times,” Sgt. Rothschild said. “We think he hit in both October and December of 2017. In October, he asked to see some gold chains and when he had them in his hands he ran out of the store. In December, he actually reached into the case, grabbed four chains and ran from the store.”
The suspect tried to disguise himself in one of the heists by wearing a baseball cap over a wig. He may have been driving a faded green Dodge Neon.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix candlelight vigil held to bring attention to unsolved murder in 2010
- Man who robbed two Phoenix banks an hour apart found and arrested
- Tempe Police looking for suspect who enters bedrooms, photographs victims
- Phoenix police still searching for 2 men who have been missing for years
- Suspect still on loose after 26-year-old man found dead in Phoenix