Weekend freeway restrictions coming to Loop 101 for March 9-12
PHOENIX — The Loop 101 will be getting a makeover this weekend as road closures will give construction workers time and space to complete pavement-improvement work.
Road closures will focus on three main areas of the Loop 101 in north Phoenix at the following locations:
Eastbound Loop 101 will be narrowed to one lane from Cave Creek Road to Tatum Boulevard from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Sunday for pavement improvements. The on-ramp at Cave Creek Road will be completely closed.
Northbound State Route 51 ramp to eastbound Loop 101 will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Sunday for paving work. The northbound SR 51 HOV-lane ramp to eastbound Loop 101 will remain open to all traffic. The Northbound SR 51 on-ramp at Union Hills Drive will also be closed.
Northbound SR 51 off–ramp to Black Mountain Boulevard in Phoenix closed overnight from 11:30 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for maintenance.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Lawmaker proposes repeal of new $32 vehicle-registration fee
- ADOT: No weekend freeway closures, part of Pecos Road closed
- Accident shuts down ramp on eastbound Interstate 10 in Tempe
- I-10 westbound traffic near Eloy diverted as safety project progresses
- No weekend construction closures planned for Phoenix freeways