Crash grinds traffic to halt on Interstate 10 heading into Phoenix
PHOENIX — A crash on eastbound Interstate 10 early Monday morning closed a ramp and pushed drivers far behind schedule.
The accident near 51st Avenue backed up traffic on Loop 101 West heading to downtown Phoenix. No one was injured in the crash that initially blocked one lane, then two. Estimates were over an hour of delays.
A tweet from the Arizona Department of Transportation showed a pickup truck hauling a camper-type trailer in trouble.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) March 5, 2018
Debris was finally fully removed and lanes reopened shortly after 7:30 a.m. but cars were still in slow mode all the way back to 107th Avenue.
The department tweeted out the crash around 4:30 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Scottsdale body camera and Taser maker Axon to build new headquarters
- Phoenix woman turns to street drug dealers to cope with pain
- Sections of two West Valley highways will be closed this weekend
- Here are the restaurants participating in Arizona Restaurant Week
- Pedestrian killed in Phoenix when trailer’s back wheels went on sidewalk