Crash grinds traffic to halt on Interstate 10 heading into Phoenix
PHOENIX — A crash on eastbound Interstate 10 early Monday morning closed a ramp and pushed drivers far behind schedule.
The accident near 51st Avenue backed up traffic on Loop 101 West heading to downtown Phoenix. No one was injured in the crash that initially blocked one lane, then two. Estimates were over an hour of delays.
A tweet from the Arizona Department of Transportation showed a pickup truck hauling a camper-type trailer in trouble.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) March 5, 2018
Debris was finally fully removed and lanes reopened shortly after 7:30 a.m. but cars were still in slow mode all the way back to 107th Avenue.
The department tweeted out the crash around 4:30 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2012 homicide
- California-based chocolate factory to move location to Phoenix area
- Sunday could be last day below 70 degrees in Phoenix until November
- Wrong-way driver killed in wreck on Red Mountain 202 in Mesa
- Phoenix named one of the top 10 friendliest small business locations