PHOENIX – With spring training in the Valley officially underway, a new study researched which stadium in Arizona has the highest ranking based on fan experience.
According to USA Today, the study used a method of “data mining” to gather information using comments from consumers to see how they feel about about a certain product. In this case the comments from baseball fans were analyzed.
The study used comments from fans on the facility, the overall aspect of family friendliness at the park, the food and the overall experience.
The study revealed that Surprise Stadium, the home of the Kansas City Royals and Texas Rangers, received the highest score of the 10 ballparks in Arizona.
Kendra Pettis, the sports and tourism director for the city of Surprise told USA Today that Surprise Stadium is “intimate, so every seat is a good seat.”
“The Royals and Rangers allow incredible access, offering fans a variety of opportunities for interactions with players,” she added.
Surprise stadium was also listed as the highest ranked ballpark out of all 23 spring training stadiums in both Arizona and Florida.
Peoria Sports Complex (Seattle Mariners and San Diego Padres) ranked second in the study, while Salt River Fields at Talking Stick (Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies) ranked third.
The full list of rankings can be viewed below:
- Surprise Stadium, Surprise, Rangers, Royals
- Peoria Sports Complex, Peoria, Mariners, Padres
- Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, Scottsdale, Diamondbacks, Rockies
- Hohokam Stadium, Mesa, Athletics
- Goodyear Ballpark, Goodyear, Indians, Reds
- Sloan Park, Mesa, Cubs
- Camelback Ranch, Glendale, Dodgers, White Sox
- Scottsdale Stadium, Scottsdale, Giants
- Maryvale Baseball Park, Phoenix, Brewers
- Tempe Diablo Stadium, Tempe, Angels