Arizona man accused in 1987 death of a San Antonio woman
PRESCOTT, Ariz. — An Arizona man has been arrested in connection with the 1987 death of a Texas woman whose body was found in the bathtub of her San Antonio home.
Prescott police announced Tuesday that 65-year-old Larry Moore is in custody and awaiting extradition to Texas’ Bexar County.
A county grand jury indicted Moore with capital murder last Friday.
He’s facing charges of sexual assault and strangulation while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping.
County prosecutors say 25-year-old Dianna Lowery was found dead in January 1987 and an autopsy revealed it was a homicide.
The case went cold for decades until a second investigation led authorities to Moore, who lived in the duplex next door to Lowery in 1987 and allegedly had a spare key that allowed him access to her apartment.
- Meghan McCain shares photo of Sen. John McCain at Arizona home
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing 74-year-old woman in Phoenix
- Lawmaker: Lack of regulation on Arizona tattoo industry is ‘shocking’