2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Expect heavy delays for I-10 closure in west Phoenix this weekend
- Man claims Phoenix officers assaulted him; police investigating
- Officer killed after being hit by car in west Phoenix
- Speeding driver ignores DPS, crashes near Phoenix freeway
- Another portion of future South Mountain Freeway open to drivers