2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Sections of two West Valley highways will be closed this weekend
- Pedestrian killed in Phoenix when trailer’s back wheels went on sidewalk
- Arizona patrol volunteer saves forgotten dog tied to truck on move
- Wrong-way driver misses oncoming traffic on Loop 101 in Tempe
- Beyonce, Jay-Z concert could snarl West Valley traffic on Wednesday