2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
- Finalists unveiled in second Arizona creative freeway sign contest
- Interstate 17 closes in Phoenix as police talk down suicidal man
- Driver takes wrong turn, rolls into Phoenix canal
- Number of fatalities involving older drivers on the rise in Arizona
- Weekend freeway restrictions coming to Loop 101 for March 9-12