2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
- Rock removal to temporarily close part of Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend
- Driver crashes into Phoenix house, occupants unharmed
- Arizona bill would use spike strips to prevent wrong-way drivers