2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
- Semi rolls over, accident closes Interstate 17 at Loop 101
- Woman drives wrong way on Loop 202 in Phoenix, charged with extreme DUI
- SR 260 open after being closed both directions near Payson
- Three Valley freeways to be closed, restricted during April 6 weekend
- Goodyear tires may have caused 95 deaths or injuries in past two decades