Sen. Rand Paul, Dr. Kelli Ward to hold joint rally in Scottsdale
PHOENIX – Sen. Rand Paul will join Dr. Kelli Ward and her supporters in a joint rally in Scottsdale later this month, according to a release.
The event is being held to support Ward’s candidacy to replace Sen. Jeff Flake in Senate, who announced in October that he would retire and not seek re-election in the upcoming Republican primary.
Paul’s involvement in the rally will be his latest show of support for Ward, who has also been recognized by President Donald Trump on Twitter.
“As a fellow physician, Dr. Ward witnessed firsthand the damage Obamacare has inflicted on our nation’s healthcare system,” Paul said in November.
“As senator, she will bring a new voice and a fresh perspective to the Senate. Likewise, her record as state senator in Arizona shows that she served her constituents admirably and was not beholden to lobbyists or special interests. This is what we need more of in Washington, D.C. I support her candidacy for the U.S. Senate.”
Paul and Ward have had a brief history of support for one another. Ward had endorsed Paul during his presidential campaign, at times introducing him at rallies.
The joint rally will take place on Friday, Feb. 16 at 5 p.m. at the Embassy Suites Conference Center located at the intersection of Scottsdale and Chaparral roads in Scottsdale.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Here is when fans can buy tickets to spring training games in Arizona
- Arizona small businesses optimistic despite dip in national index
- Arizona, national lawmakers react to McSally appointment to US Senate
- Martha McSally picked by Gov. Doug Ducey to succeed US Sen. Jon Kyl
- State health department says this Arizona flu season not as bad as last