Phoenix police arrest 86 men in human trafficking sting
PHOENIX — Phoenix officials said 86 men were arrested during a recent operation targeting sex trafficking.
The Phoenix Police Department said on Thursday that the men had solicited sexual acts at a massage parlor that the department opened for the operation.
The men were arrested over a 10-day period last month.
The first arrest was made Dec. 4 and the last was made Dec. 15.
The ages of the arrested ranged from 22 to 78 years old.
Mayor Greg Stanton said the city’s human trafficking task force, created four years ago, is becoming a “national model for combating human trafficking.”
January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month.
- Phoenix police searching for robbery suspect who threatened guard
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing 74-year-old woman in Phoenix
- Phoenix police assistants helping respond to non-emergency calls
- Child dies, another seriously injured in 2-car crash in Phoenix
- Driver crashes into Phoenix house, occupants unharmed