Phoenix-area suburb posts funny video to show off warm winter weather
PHOENIX — While a massive winter storm roared through the East Coast last week, dumping as much as 17 inches of snow in some areas and unleashing hurricane-force winds and historic flooding, the Valley has enjoyed a relatively mild winter season.
But one Phoenix-area town decided to use the warm weather to its advantage, showing off the benefits of living in the desert in the winter.
Gilbert, a southeast suburb of Phoenix, published a video of its residents putting an Arizona spin on Corey Hart’s famed song “Sunglasses at Night.”
The video, appropriately titled “We wear our sunglasses all day,” shows its residents playing in water parks, shooting some rounds of golf and even participating in goat yoga while the sun is shining.
While the video wasn’t made specifically to celebrate the wonderful winter weather — the town said it was originally made for National Sunglasses Day back in June and was shared for this occasion — it’s still a must-see.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Loop 202 Santan Freeway overnight closures, restrictions start Tuesday
- Gilbert opens $85M police and firefighter training facility
- Gilbert man with memory problems found safe after Silver Alert
- NASA releases Mars landing video: ‘Stuff of our dreams’
- Christ says weather delays unlikely to slow Arizona vaccine progress