Young child steals baby Jesus during Nativity play at Tennessee church
Parents with young children know that the holiday season typically brings a whole host of Christmas-themed traditions with it.
From plays to concerts and everything in between, young children are tasked with doing the most adorable things — but they don’t always go as planned.
Case in point, take this Nativity play at an East Tennessee church from earlier this month.
A Facebook video posted by Tana Benson showed her little girl, Teegan, attempting to steal the show and baby Jesus.
Teegan was playing a sheep in a Nativity scene as the children’s choir sang “Away In A Manger.” But things quickly took a turn for the worse.
Seemingly bored through the song, Teegan decides to take baby Jesus away from his manger — literally — which prompted another child to chase after her.
“My little sheep took the baby Jesus, breaking all the rules leaving poor little Mary no choice but to take action! Momma to the rescue tried her best to protect her baby at all costs,” Benson wrote in her Facebook post. “Definitely a program I will remember. LOVE these kiddos and my church family! Laughed so hard I cried!”
The video has since been viewed more than 11 million times.
- Declutter your smartphone by deleting these 5 apps
- If you’re done with Facebook, here’s how to transfer photos, videos
- Social media crackdown continues after siege of US Capitol
- Social media platforms silence Donald Trump after Capitol violence
- Arizona sees decrease in December holiday DUIs compared to 2019