Main Street Minute: Phoenix job fair features banking, education positions
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Jobs in banking, car rental, education, home security, real estate investment and more are up for grabs Thursday at a career fair in Phoenix. The hiring event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel Phoenix North near Interstate 17 and Peoria Avenue.
• Alaska USA Federal Credit Union has picked Glendale for its state-of-the-art operations center. The two-story facility will be fully operational next year. Alaska USA expects to relocate or hire more than 130 employees to staff the operations center.
• Leasing is underway at new luxury apartments in the West Valley. The Lofts at Westgate are scheduled to open Feb. 1 in Glendale. There are 76 apartments available ranging in size from nearly 650 square feet to about 1,500 square feet. Most of the rents are priced at $1,500 or less. Tours begin Monday.
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Waymo to start charging Phoenix-area riders who use its driverless cars
- Rock band Smashing Pumpkins to kick off latest tour in Glendale
- Helicopter in Grand Canyon crash lacks system to avoid exploding
- Could part of a Phoenix-area road be renamed after the Arizona Cardinals?