Lyft names most popular drop-off spots in Phoenix area
PHOENIX — The ride share company Lyft has named six of the most visited locations around the Phoenix area and broke them into different categories ranging from food, drinks, schools, and entertainment.
This year was the third in a row that the company issued out their very own ‘Lyftie’ awards, but just the second year that Phoenix was included as a participant city. Lyft began its ride sharing service in the Valley back in 2013.
Last year, only five awards were issued to Phoenix area companies. This year, the service added a sixth award, the most visited university.
All of the awarded categories and winners are listed below.
Most-visited bar: El Hefe in Scottsdale
El Hefe in Scottsdale won the award for most visited bar for the second year in a row.
Most-visited university: Arizona State University
Arizona State University won the inaugural award in this category.
Most-visited restaurant: Cold Beer and Cheeseburgers
Most-visited event venue: Talking Stick Resort Arena
Talking Stick Resort Arena was also won this award in 2016.
Most-visited only in Phoenix: Stacy’s
Stacy’s in Phoenix won the only in Phoenix category as a gay- and lesbian-friendly night club.
Most-visited trending destination: Cobra Arcade Bar
Cobra Arcade Bar won the trending destination category as the final winner in the Phoenix area.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Lyft driver from Surprise accused of sexually assaulting female rider
- Phoenix agrees to delay disputed airport ride fees during legal challenge
- Uber tells Phoenix it will end airport service if disputed fees enacted
- Legally Speaking: Uber/Lyft airport fees decision still up in the air
- Arizona AG: Uber/Lyft fee at airport ‘very likely’ violates state constitution