Main Street Minute: Vintage goods sale offers alternatives on Black Friday
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Alternative Black Friday Vintage Market returns to downtown Phoenix on Friday. The market at Patriot’s Park near Central Avenue and Washington Street will host two dozen local makers, curators and businesses specializing in high-end vintage and handmade jewelry. The event runs from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
• US Foods is expanding its scholarship program to students in Arizona. The program identifies high school seniors who have demonstrated potential and achievement in the culinary arts. Three scholarships are awarded annually.
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Waymo to start charging Phoenix-area riders who use its driverless cars
- Helicopter in Grand Canyon crash lacks system to avoid exploding
- 3 Phoenix-area Toys R Us begin going-out-of-business sales
- Arizona medical-marijuana marketing becomes more mainstream