Main Street Minute: Get discount, help sick kids at same time with hotel stay
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Guests at the Tempe Mission Palms Hotel can get a discounted rate through Dec. 31 and give to a good cause at the same time. Use the code “PCH2017” when booking and the hotel will donate 10 percent of all room revenues to Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
• A job fair for a pair of soon-to-open restaurants wraps up Wednesday in Phoenix. The Sicilian Butcher and Hash Kitchen want to hire about 200. Available positions include bartenders, servers, cooks and hosts and hostesses. The hiring event runs from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Sicilian Butcher near Tatum Boulevard and Greenway Road.
• A grant from the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety will boost crash-data gathering in the state. The nearly $400,000 to the Department of Transportation will help engineers, law enforcement and researchers examine trends and causes of fatalities and serious injuries.
- Phoenix hospital database aims to prevent seizures in kids with epilepsy
- Helicopter in Grand Canyon crash lacks system to avoid exploding
- Wet n’ Wild Phoenix hiring 500 people ahead of seasonal opening
- Phoenix leaders, police union chief disagree on staffing situation
- Arizona medical-marijuana marketing becomes more mainstream