Maricopa County officials find missing elderly Sun City man
PHOENIX — Officials have found a missing elderly man from Sun City, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday.
According to the department, 82-year-old Glenn Peterson was found safely late Friday night. He was last seen leaving his home near 99th Avenue and Bell Road around 1:30 p.m. on Friday.
Police believe he drove off on his electric golf cart with an Arizona license plate, MC2M2E.
According to Peterson’s wife, he likes to go birdwatching but is typically not gone for more than 30 minutes. He also suffers from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Peterson was last seen wearing a dark blue shirt, grey sweatpants and black slippers. He is described as a 5-foot, 8-inch-tall white male with grey hair and blue eyes. He does not have his wallet on him and does not have teeth.
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Hearing called off for Phoenix-area man accused in 9 shooting deaths
- Analysis suggests Phoenix needs more firefighters, would cost $30M to hire
- Phoenix wakes up to second-coldest morning of winter
- Truck hit by GOP train was on tracks after warning