Scottsdale police identify 2 adults, 2 children killed in murder-suicide
PHOENIX — Police have identified the two adults and two children who were killed in a murder-suicide in a north Scottsdale home last week.
Sgt. Ben Hoster, a spokesman for the department, said Jason and Anne Fairbanks and their 3-year-old daughter and 9-month-old son were the victims in the shooting on Friday.
Hoster said Jason shot and killed his wife and children at some point on Friday before killing himself.
Officers were called to the home near Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard and Sweetwater Avenue around 1:30 p.m. after one of Jason’s business associates found the bodies in the home.
Hoster said the couple was experiencing financial struggles and that may have been the motive for the shooting.
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Hearing called off for Phoenix-area man accused in 9 shooting deaths
- Analysis suggests Phoenix needs more firefighters, would cost $30M to hire
- Truck hit by GOP train was on tracks after warning
- Arizona resolution that would have allowed teen legislators fails to pass